Inspired by My Great Food, I created a very simple dessert that is perfect for the summer, using only TWO main ingredients: Magnolia Fudge Brownie Mix and Iloilo’s Magnolia Best of the Philippines Butterscotch Ice Cream.
This simple snack or dessert is in fact so easy to prepare that kids can actually make this themselves, with the help of mom of course, particularly in the baking part.
This is the video I made and uploaded in YouTube and this is the Instagram link http://instagram.com/p/pFXHl6CH05/ but for more details on how the recipe was prepared, read more below.
Here are the things you need:
- Magnolia Fudge Brownie Mix + 1/4 cup of water, 1/4 cup of cooking oil and 1 egg
- Iloilo’s Magnolia Best of the Philippines Butterscotch Ice Cream
1. Prepare all the things you need for the baking process:
- mixing bowl
- measuring cup
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup cooking oil
- 1 egg
- 8 x 8 baking pan
- baking paper
- wire rack for cooling
- ice cream scoop
2. Mix the Magnolia Fudge Brownie Mix according to instructions: Put the brownie mix in the mixing bowl, add the water, egg and cooking oil and mix for 1 minute or so until there are no lumps or powder left.
3. Pour the Magnolia Fudge Brownie Mix in an 8 x 8 baking pan lined with baking paper. Putting a baking paper on the baking pan is important because getting the baked brownies from the baking pan as well as cleaning up both become easier.
4. Bake the mixed Magnolia Fudge Brownie Mix in a preheated oven for about 20 -25 minutes or until a toothpick you will use to insert in the middle of the baked brownies comes out clean.
While the brownies are baking, it is best to start cleaning up the utensils used for the mixing so that you are able to enjoy the baked goodies later on.
5. Cool the baked brownies on a wire rack.
6. Cut according to desired size.
7. Serve the baked Magnolia Fudge Brownies while still a bit warm with a scoop of Magnolia Best of the Philippines Butterscotch Ice Cream.
Now if this is not the perfect summer treat for your family and friends, then I don’t know what could be better than this Super Simple Magnolia Brownies ala Mode.
NOTE 1 :
I am not really sure how much these desserts cost when you order from a restaurant and perhaps it is safe to say that per order would probably cost you around Php75 – 125.00
The cost for this dessert which made 12 servings for the combination are the following (plus a few extra scoops of ice cream as well that weren’t used with the brownies):
- Php250.00 for the Magnolia Best of the Philippines Butterscotch Ice Cream
- Php129.50 for the Magnolia Fudge Brownie Mix
- Php20 for the cooking oil and egg
- A few tens of pesos for the gas or in my case, for the electricity I used in baking.
4 pieces of the brownies were eaten without the ice cream as packed snacks the day after for a road trip we did.
The left-over ice cream were eaten for a few times more and the children were even asking me to buy another Magnolia Fudge Brownie Mix box to go with the Magnolia Best of the Philippines Butterscotch Ice Cream.
Now do the math and see how much it will cost you to order these Brownies ala Mode in 12 or even 16 servings. I know, it is a big winner, right?
NOTE 2: You can add chocolate or caramel syrup to this Magnolia Brownies ala Mode recipe but I did not do it anymore because I figured the brownies and the butterscotch has both the perfect combination of taste that will complement each other.
You wouldn’t want to have a dessert that tastes a bit too sweet, wouldn’t you?
Now am off to enjoy my Magnolia Brownies ala Mode with my family and thank goodness, it didn’t make me tired to do this dessert.