We ran (or rather walked, hopped, skipped and tiptoed, just kidding) in Unilab’s Run United 1 2012 at the SM MOA last March 4, 2012.
Over-all the race was fun, especially at the 3k where everyone was in high spirits. I think most of the people there were newbie runners. There was quite a big number of children in that category and that includes my youngest daughter.
- The instructions were clear and the maps were easy to understand so we didn’t get lost and we knew exactly where to park to get to the starting line assigned for our category, 3k.
- Categories were segregated. The 3k runners ran with the 10 k runners while the 5k runners were on the other side of the same street. The 500m dash start and finish had an altogether different route along with the 21k runners who had an early start at the BGC and ended at the MOA.
- This race was more organized than the one we went to last year, the Run United 1 2011 because if I remember it right, there was only one finish line across all categories and it was a chaos then with people going to and fro the finish line.
- There were lots of marshals who were smiling and some even greeted us “Good morning” when our eyes meet.
- The hydration tables were positioned appropriately and there were less trash on the road, unlike last year’s trash.
- The activity centers’ booths were positioned well too and there were no long lines to get the finisher’s kits.
All in all, it was an experience we will certainly remember.
Would we be joining Unilab’s Run United 2 2012?
The answer is a YES!