My daughter and I recently attended Samsung Digital Appliances event called Saturdate with Mom. This is by far one of the better events I have been to, because I was able to bring my youngest daughter with me who, along with other kids, immensely enjoyed watching the chefs husband and wife, the Laudicos, whip up delicious food using the Samsung Smart Oven.
And yes, we want one for our home and I’m sure, the food blog will have more entries 😀
Anyway, one of the dishes prepared was Chef Lau’s Chicken Katsudobo:
- 600 grams Boneless Chicken Thigh
For the Adobo marinade:
- 1 cup Soy Sauce
- 1/2 cup Coconut Vinegar
- 1 cup Water
- 4 tbsp. Garlic mince
- 4 Bay Leaves
- Pinch black peppercorns
For Katsu Coating:
- 1 cup Flour
- 2 Whole Eggs beaten
- 1 cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- 3 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil or any healthy cooking oil
For the Katsudobo:
- 4 Bowls of Cooked Rice ( please use Microwave safe bowl)
- 4 Eggs (Whole, raw)
- Simmered Left Over Adobo Sauce
- Cooked Katsudobo Chicken (sliced in thick strips)
- chopped spring onions (garnish)
How to Prepare:
- Marinate chicken overnight or at least 5 hours. Simmer left over adobo marinade for at least 5 minutes. Coat adobo marinated chicken with Katsu coating
- Lightly Coat chicken with flour then dip in beaten egg and coat with panko breadcrumbs. Brush lightly with Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Put chicken skin side down on the non-stick plate of the Samsung smart oven on top of the low rack. Set Samsung Smart Oven to Slim Fry until you see number 8 setting. Press start and cook chicken 15 minutes one side then turn the other side after 15 minutes for 30 minutes total. Assemble the Katsudobo
- On the Rice Bowl add the adobo sauce around the bowl then break the whole egg on the rice.
- Set Samsung Smart Oven to microwave 700 watts then cook for 4-5 minutes or until egg is cooked but still soft.
- Top with Cooked Chicken Katsudobo then top with chopped spring onions. serve hot!